Software Development Kit components:
Servers and Clients
Third Party Libraries:
For SQL Server Database Targets
For Oracle Database Targets
Database Schema Parsing Limitations
We advise you run the following scripts against your relational databases to determine their level of readiness for YouGen Sharp. Scripts can be found by clicking here.
- Tables must have Primary Keys.
- Tables must not have multiple indexes which each use the same list of columns.
- Column datatypes of XML and JSON are treated as NVARCHAR types.
- Nondeterministic column datatypes of HierarchyID, SqlSpatial (Geometry and Geography subtypes) are not supported and must be mapped manually.
- User-Defined datatypes may not map correctly.
- Stored Procedures which contain conditional statements, temporary tables, memory tables may not correctly map query outputs to CLR Entities and must be mapped manually
- *(General Architectural Advice: if your stored procedures do not map correctly, you probably are putting too much complexity/business logic in them. Business logic should be contained in .NET classes.)
- Stored Procedures map best when their names are defined with square bracket syntax, when each statement is terminated with a semicolon, and the are whole procedure is terminated with a GO statement.
- Functions are not mapped.
- Procedures and Functions must be contained within Package definitions in order to be mapped.
- Custom Types, Queues, Synonyms, Java, and XML Schemas are not supported.
- Kerberos authentication to Database Server is not supported.
Generated Solution Limitations
- Object Hydrators for object graphs containing circular table self-references will not fill past the primary level of hierarchy.
- Authentication/Authorization/Roles/Access for all servers and clients is NOT implemented by YouGen Sharp. Every organization has their own security choices and protocols and you will need to implement those manually to secure your application ecosystem.
- Global Exception Handling has been implemented for all server workflows, but detailed, bespoke error handling will be up to you.
Quick Start Guide:
- Ensure you have a computer that meets the above requirements.
- Register for an account on this website. (see Video Tutorials for instructions and more info about multi-user accounts)
- Add one of the YouGen Sharp products to your cart.
- Complete the checkout process on your product(s).
- Go to My account => Licenses.
- Ensure you have your YouGen Sharp licenses assigned to you (or whomever will be following these steps) and save the settings.
- Go to My account => Downloadable Products.
- Click the link to download the YouGen Sharp zip file.
- Unzip the zip file contents
- Run the YouGenSharp.msix file to install
- After installing, you should be able to find YouGenSharp in your start menu. Find it and run it.
- On the YouGenSharp application's Profile page, enter your YouGenSoft.com username and password.
- You will find the Company Identifier value on the My account => Customer info page. Copy that value from the website and paste it into the YouGenSharp application.
- Click "login and retrieve profile to download your active licensing information and to confirm your credentials are correct.
- Click the "settings" tab.
- Choose your desired .NET version and database target.
- Click the "sql setup" tab.
- You will see a sql script in the text area. We highly recommend using this script (feel free to change the user name) to create a sql user in your development database instance with the correct grants to be able to access only what YouGen Sharp needs.
- After creating the designated sqluser in your database instance, click back to the "settings" tab.
- Modify the database connection string that YouGenSharp will use to connect to your database and read the schema metadata using the user's credentials that you just created.
- Set a folder on your computer where you want the generated codebase to be saved.
- Click the "solution" tab.
- Click the "generate the solution" button.
- Once the code has been fully generated, YouGen Sharp will automatically open the results folder for you to find your generated solution.